Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Insect Fables

BPEarlier this week the older kids and I took a field trip to the Butterfly Pavilion.  They had a special program called Insect Fables going on.   It was a real hoot.  They learned about all sorts of invertebrates, crustaceans, butterflies, and arachnids.BP1This was a great program.  The Colorado Chambers Players came and performed as one of the members read fable like stories. BP2There was an oboe, bass, viola, violin, percussion instruments as well as digital piano. BP3That belonged to a huge lobster. BP4Cocoons.  Neat, huh? BP5That’s a stick bug.  Those were fun.  Since they blend in with their surrounding it’s almost a hunt to find them. BP6The kids even did a little dancing and played a game. BP7How would like to find one of those in your house? BP8And of course the kids always want to hold Rosie the Spider whenever we visit. BP12It sort of tickles the hand. BP9Shedding a little skin. BP11And this is when my camera battery died.  :(  I think the kids were looking at spiders or something.

 BP15 BP16

The rest of these photos I took with my phone. They’re not great, but there were some cool insects and butterflies to see.

BP17

There were butterflies everywhere.  It was awesome!  They were so pretty.

BP18

The kids and their friends.  I think they were all getting a little warm.  It was quite muggy inside too.BP19 Then the kids got to go to the education area where there was a maze, some puzzles, a climbing apparatus, and a zip line!

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Your pictures with your phone are better than most of mine with my camera! Looks like you had fun!

Unknown said...

No they aren't Kel. You are getting better with your camera. You just needed a few tips. :)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

What an adventure!

Your phone takes much better pictures than my ancient blackberry. Glad you were still able to capture the moment.

MaryLu said...

Looks like a great feild trip!
I've recently stumbled onto your blog from IndianaJane. I'm a 20 year old Christian, baby Lutheran and recently committed homeschool mom. I haven't decided yet if I need to be committed, or if I'm just committed to schooling my kids.
I've been reading lots from other moms who juggle it all. We'll see how I do.
Looking forward to getting to "know" you on your blog.