Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Church Garden

_MG_4990.jpgYesterday we went to church to work on our garden. Our church has been incredibly kind to let us plant a very large garden on their property. That's my Lutheran Stud sitting on his keister going through seeds.
_MG_5044.jpgWe have some garlic growing there right now.
_MG_4983.jpgThe kids searched for grasshoppers and other creatures.
_MG_5009.jpgThey also played on the playground.
_MG_5019.jpgThe monkey bars have become quite fun for the older children._MG_5013.jpgThey opened a pretend store as well.
_MG_5027.jpgThis kid was happy with just with a cup. . . and a ton of rocks. She just kept filling her cup and dumping it out over and over and over again.
_MG_5073.jpgI Heart Faces has a shadow theme this week, so I thought I'd practice up a little. That's me multitasking. I'm pushing Elizabeth on the swing while reading the current issue of The Lutheran Witness. It's a good issue.  You should check it out. 
_MG_5072.jpgJared tilled the ground with this big power horse of a tiller.
_MG_5000.jpgPeas! We planted some peas. 
_MG_5074.jpgThe kids are always intrigued when it comes to gardening. Gadgets and tools are fun toys to them.  I think we ended up planting carrots, peas, lettuce, spinach, corn, onions, garlic, and some tomatoes. We'll see if it grows!  Let the fun begin.

2 comments:

Adriane said...

So, let me get this straight. Jared does all the work, and you and the kids get to play? Sounds like a plan to me!

Lauren said...

These are great pictures. I love the lighting and coloring. I am so anxious to get going on my garden.