Friday, March 18, 2011

That's It

_MG_3809.jpgIf you've stuck around long enough to endure all of my vacation posts, you're awesome. After our fun night at Adriane's, Anna and I got up before the sun to get to the airport really early, on a cold and stormy morning. I failed to mention that while I was visiting Lauren we went to this outlet mall that's literally, almost right next to her house. They were having a crazy sale at The Children's Place. I mean unbelieveable sale. I couldn't pass it up, so all of my kids are set, with sweaters, pants, and shirts, for next year. Everything I bought was $2.99 or less. Crazy, right? Can you guess what's about to happen? Yeah.
_MG_4004.jpgThis is where I have to say that I LOVE Southwest Airlines! They are amazing. Every flight that I have flown with them has been great and really accommodating to our needs. I came to Lauren's house with two suitcases that were not full. I brought along a lot of fabric that I even left with Lauren. I went to pack my smaller bag and I packed it so full that the zipper was busting open. I think it ended up being 40 pounds. I knew things were going to be tight with the bigger suitcase when I almost couldn't zip it up either. Lauren was kind enough to help me haul everything into the airport because I had a baby in a stroller, two suitcases, a carseat, a purse, and my laptop bag. I don't travel light. She also thought that she might have to ship some things to me. I got up to the check-in counter hoping for the best. The little bag was fine. The big bag? Nope. It was 54 pounds or something. Oops! Now what? The lady at the counter told me to empty a few things out and throw it into my carseat bag. Whew! She even said she'd help. Little did she know that that suitcase zipper was broken and the only way to open it was from the very bottom and unzip the thing all the way around. That was fun. We got'r done though and all was good in the end. Lauren didn't have to ship a bunch of stuff to me. When I went to collect my luggage this lovely tag was affixed to my big bag. Awesome! I really should have had a photo taken of me with two suitcases, a stroller, a carseat bag, my purse and lap top bag. That was a sight to behold. I am sure people found it quite comical. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 

No comments: