Sunday, September 5, 2010

Faith Day @ the Rockies

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  Jared dropped me off at the entrance to Coors Field with our three youngest children.  Yes, that’s right.  Me and a 3 year old, a 23 month old, and an 11 month old.  We entered the stadium where I realized that our seats were on the 300 level and I would have to get on an escalator to get there.  Me and three kids on an escalator?  I don’t think so.  What’s a girl to do?  I called my peeps!RocksSome of our friends just happened to be at a bar inside the stadium.  I found them and we hung out for awhile before heading to our seats. Rocks1The sun was shining and it was hot, not just a little hot, but unbearably hot.  We went to the Rockies game with our church and.. Rocks3and all of our kids, all six kids.Rocks4We sat in the hot, hot sun with no shade in sight.Rocks2No one seemed to mind as long as there were plenty of snacks.Rocks5We enjoyed each other’s company and…Rocks6cheered for our team together.  It was fun to be able to give each other high fives when there was a run scored while knowing the people sitting around you!Rocks7 We were excited to see our favorite Rockies pitcher pitching.Rocks8 Did I tell you that it was really hot that day?Rocks9 We sat in direct sunlight in the middle of the afternoon.Rocks10 It’s okay though because we saw Dexter Fowler rob a homerun!  What a stud!Rocks11 We had babysitters galore.Rocks12 We didn’t have to worry about entertainment for the little ones.Rocks13 I did, however, forget the sunscreen.Rocks14 Did I tell you that I read the weather report completely wrong?Rockies

Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be in the 70s, so I wore jeans and put long sleeves on Thomas.  I started a new fashion trend at the game with my jeans.   We were roasting in the heat.  Do we look hot?  Nevertheless the Rockies pulled out a victory and we all went home happy!

No comments: