Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Morning

_MG_9964.jpgI'm not really sure why, but the anticipation of Easter morning had me anxiously excited. I just couldn't wait. I waited as long as I could before waking up my children and making them pose for an Easter photo at 6:30 am when it was just 34 degrees outside. I don't think they were as excited as I was, but as we drove to church I could tell that their excitement was brewing.
_MG_9972.jpgWe arrived just in time for breakfast. I don't know about you, but at our church green chile and tortillas is a staple along with the usual pancakes, eggs, and sausage.
_MG_9974.jpgThis year we were even treated to water infused with fruit and mimosas. . . minus the alcohol. Had I known. . . well, I'll just let you think on that one.
_MG_0002.jpgAfter the sunrise service my Lutheran Stud was quickly in the kitchen whipping up some pancakes and personally delivering them to everyone.
_MG_9982.jpgAfter filling our bellies with an incredible meal my little baby started off the Easter egg hunt. Being the youngest participant in the hunt she got a head start, though she did't really need it. Anna filled her bag to the brim within minutes.
_MG_9988.jpgDavid even had a little time to decorate his bag before the hunt started.
_MG_9989.jpg

_MG_9991.jpg

_MG_9994.jpgDainty, little Elizabeth got a little head start too, but had to wait until Anna got her start.
_MG_9995.jpgThere were so many eggs that I had to cut my children off. Seriously.
_MG_0003.jpgChrist is risen! What a glorious day.
_MG_0010.jpgIt could not have been a more wonderful service with my Lutheran Stud telling everyone to celebrate better than the Germans. He said we should celebrate like the Irish. I'm pretty sure we did that evening.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the outfits! Those green and pink dresses are adorable. And your boys are so handsome and mischievous looking. I love it.