Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken Soup

_MG_9847.jpgWe've eaten a lot of soup this winter. It seems to have been a staple around here. This soup though, has been well loved. I made this soup for our Lenten Suppers at church and every time I made it there was none left. I even tripled the batch this last time. I usually like to sample other soups at church, but knowing mine may disappear I snatched a small bowl of soup to eat at home later. It was perfect for lunch the next day.
_MG_9843.jpgThis soup is chock full of veggies, so if you're planting a garden be sure to include these vegetables. They freeze well making it super easy to pull them out later for this soup! I think almost all of the ingredients in this soup were grown in our garden. The flavor from the green chiles and spices add a wonderful kick to the already succulent flavor. Your taste buds will thank you!
Chicken Soup Recipe copyYou'll love the ease that comes with making this soup too. Just put everything in a crock pot and walk away.
_MG_9850.jpgEnjoy!

No comments: