Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The New DP

_MG_8025.jpg
A couple weeks ago we installed Rev. Allen Anderson as the new Rocky Mountain District President of the LCMS. We couldn't be happier. 

_MG_8018.jpg
Pastor Rasmussen, one of my favorite people, helped with the readings.
_MG_8019.jpg
Pastors from all over the district came to support and participate in the service.  
_MG_8020.jpg

_MG_8021.jpgEx-President Golter gave the sermon. We wish him and his family well.
_MG_8030.jpg
Then Rev. Anderson was installed and prayers were said.
_MG_8044.jpg
It was so nice to have so many pastors there to support our new president. It was a wonderful evening and a great celebration followed.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looking through your blog I keep trying to figure out which church is your home. My husband and I were in the RMD for four years before we went to the Seminary. He taught at Beautiful Savior and I was at Emmaus, both in the Denver area. I love the district! It's so good to see a picture of Pastor Schlechte at the installation of your new DP! He was my pastor at Emmaus.
Looking forward to reading more...
Heather (dandelionspicked.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Heather, my husband is the pastor at Mt. Zion Lutheran Church just north of downtown, so right in the middle of Beautiful Savior and Emmaus. Nice to "meet" you.