Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another T-shirt Scarf

_MG_2259.jpgI've been wanting to make this scarf forever. I have stash of t-shirts waiting to be cut up. Kel and I got together last week to work on some Christmas gifts. (If you get a gift from Kel this year it's going to be awesome. I know because I've seen it. :) ) Anyways, she had some shirts laying around too, so as we chatted I started cutting. Isnt' it cute? I think it might be may favorite so far.
_MG_2283.jpgI picked this shirt up at the store for $2. The larger the better, but I don't think it really matters.  Here's how it goes. 
_MG_2284.jpgGrab a large paper plate. You can leave the t-shirt as is and place the plate on the shirt. Trace as many circles as will fit on the shirt. 
_MG_2286.jpgCut out the circles. With this shirt I ended up with three circles.
_MG_2287.jpgThere was a total of six circles when you include the back as well.
_MG_2293.jpgNow start from the edge of the circle and cut out one big spiral.
_MG_2288.jpgAfter you cut the spiral stretch it out and the edges will begin to curl. Place all six pieces together and tie a knot in middle to keep the pieces all together.
IMG_0842.jpgHere's the finished scarf I wore to Ikea. Pretty cute, huh?

9 comments:

Lauren said...

That is adorable! Nicely done.

Gretchen said...

So cute...and it doesn't even require sewing. I could actually make one of these.

Ikea? Trying not to be jealous.

Adriane said...

Your scarf is adorable, and Kel's hair is freaking cute. I'm not sure I can handle all this awesomeness.

Unknown said...

Gretchen, you can totally make this! It's so easy. It only took about 10 minutes.

Heather said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing. These would make awesome, easy Christmas gifts.

Colleen Oakes said...

That's pretty genius, thrift store here I come...

Unknown said...

Colleen we should get together and make them!

Melissa said...

Ooo! This is one that I can do! No sewing . . .

Super cute! Way to go, gals!

Melissa said...

Oooo! I like! And I think I can do this--no sewing! :)