Thursday, September 1, 2011

Food+Crafts=Fun

_MG_9882.jpgKellee and I get together every so often with grand plans to make things or cook things. When we first started getting together we'd look through books and magazines and chat our time away without accomplishing anything, though we did see a lot of things we wanted to make. We're getting much better though. Yesterday I felt like we accomplished quite a bit. The photo above is Kel and me when we were babies. Just kidding. It's pretty cute though don't you think?
_MG_9813.jpgWhen Kel arrived I offered her some chips and fresh salsa knowing full well that she doesn't like tomtatoes. Who can resist such a pretty bowl of goodness? She rejected it. You're the one missing out Kel. Seriously. Who wouldn't like this? 
IMG_9894-1-2.jpgIt's okay. I forgive you because look at this uber amazingly awesome necktie scarf that Kel made me. Isn't it just the cutest thing you ever saw? There's even a cute little broach on it to match.  Oh, did I mention that I love paisley? LOVE it!!
_MG_9907.jpgKel had a few things to finish up on it, so I looked through her cute new book and magazine while she sewed and we chatted. Now I feel like getting to work and sewing a few new dresses and remodeling my entire house. Whew!
IMG_989-2.jpgThen I had to make a t-shirt scarf. Who can resist their cuteness and ease to make them? I feel like cutting up all of my t-shirts now. I must make a trip to the thrift store asap. Tutorial coming soon. (It won't be nearly as cool as Adriane's though.) 
_MG_9899.jpgWhile I was making t-shirt scarves, Kel started in on these. Yum! They're pizzelles with Starbucks ice cream. They were perfect on our blistering hot 98 degree day. 

Look at how efficient we've become. I think we've come a long way from the days when we would look through books and magazines and say, "We should make that." Now we actually make things and finish them. (Lauren, maybe you should join us. Ha! Sorry.)

Oh, if you haven't entered my giveaway be sure to get that done. It looks like the odds of winning are pretty good right now.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Nope, even if I was there I'd be too busy gabbing, playing with uber-cute children, or stuffing my face on all your yummy goodness to finish anything. Can I just be the comic relief?

Also, can I just say that it stinks that you two live close to each other and I'm out here? Yeah, it stinks. Boo.

In other news, I'm glad you had a nice time.

Melissa said...

I HAVE to learn how to make that tie!

I know, I want to cut up all my t-shirts now, too. Dang Dorr girls . . . :D

I mean, THANK YOU!

Adriane said...

Hey!! I wore MY tie necklace to work today too! Everybody loves those things. You guys should probably start an Etsy store.
And tel Kel to start eating some ding dang salsa already. Woman cannot live on coffee alone.

Kellee said...

I had a great time too. And you should mention that all that took place between 11 and 2 :) We have become efficient. Next time I will say yes to the salsa because I selectively like tomatoes.

Why didn't you tell me my hair looked like a shaggy dog? Holy cow!

confessionalcook said...

Soooo, why don't you girls have a tie necklace challenge? I'd love to see pics of the cuteness on each of you. You know, like the wildest color, the most formal, the most traditional, the most current one I swiped from my husband's stash. . .