Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Love Mini Chocolate Chips

_MG_9081.jpgSince zucchini has grown almost like a weed around here I've been trying to do many different things with our zucchini. While we love grilling it sometimes you just want something a little different. I have a pretty decent zucchini bread recipe and this chocolate zucchini cake is out-of-this-world, but for some reason I wanted to do something else, so I decided to make muffins. I am pretty sure this recipe will work even for those at a normal altitude. It's just us at a higher altitude that have issues.
_MG_9468.jpgThe secret to these muffins are these mini chocolate chips. You can make the muffins without them, but I think they add a nice, little something. For muffins, the mini chocolate chips are better than normal sized chocolate chips. They give the perfect amount of chocolate without being overbearing and taking over the whole muffin. So, call up your BFF and have her pick up some mini chocolate chips from the Amish if you can't find them locally. :)
_MG_9071.jpgHere's your batter. Be sure not to over mix or under mix. I'm not sure what will happen if you do either, just don't do it. Okay? I would hate to find out what happens if you do either. It might not be good.
_MG_9073.jpgThis is what happens when you mix things perfectly. Aren't they just stunning? They are perfectly brown and perfectly puffed.
_MG_9078.jpgYou can line your muffin pans if you'd like. The kids wanted to, so I let them.
_MG_9075.jpgWe also made a bunch of mini muffins. Aren't they cute?
Now what are you waiting for? Go pick a zucchini out of your garden and get to it. You won't be disappointed. You don't have any zucchini? Well, head on over to my house. I'll be happy to share some with you. Below is the high altitude version for these muffins. Don't worry, I'm sure it will work for you folk at normal altitudes as well. Enjoy!

High Altitude Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinammon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 3 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar + 3 Tablespoons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners. In a bowl sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, oil, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and zucchini. Mix for 30 seconds with a mixer at low speed. Add dry mixture into wet mixture. Beat on low for about 30 seconds. Spoon batter into muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes. Then remove muffins from pan and finish cooling on racks.
_MG_9080.jpg

2 comments:

Adriane said...

WHAT?! I was just at Lauren's and she did not tell me about these. Now I'm miffed.

Lauren said...

Those look delish. More mini chips on the way!