Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberries and Cream

_MG_7887.jpgThis recipe calls for three simple things. Most likely you already have this stuff just sitting around your house.
_MG_7896.jpgWhen my friend Adriane posted these I knew I would have to try them for myself and then share it with all of you. I like to try new and different things, so this was right up my alley. They're addicting. It's kind of a strange combo, but it works. These strawberries are amazing. You'll never eat just a plain strawberry again.
_MG_7889.jpgWash and dry your strawberries. Then give them a little dip into the sour cream. Yeah, sour cream.
_MG_7891.jpgIf you dry your strawberries first the sour cream will stick better. The better it sticks the more sour cream you'll have on your strawberry. You don't want to skimp on the sour cream. Trust me.
_MG_7892.jpgThen after you've smothered your strawberry in sour cream place it into a bowl of brown sugar.
_MG_7893.jpgAhhh! What a nice bed of brown sugar. See? The strawberry likes this.
_MG_7895.jpgVoilá! Strawberries and cream with some brown sugar on top. 
_MG_7898.jpgTake a bite. You won't be disappointed. 
_MG_7902.jpgHello, sweet, succulent strawberries. I think I'll have another one.

4 comments:

Adriane said...

I'm on my way. Don't eat them all!! Because if there's one thing a strawberry loves, it's a sour cream-brown sugar bath.

Lauren said...

These are super awesome.

Unknown said...

I'm eating them right now. They're a great late night dessert. :) Wish you guys were here to enjoy them with me.

Heather said...

Wow, that looks like a great way to dress a strawberry!
Can't wait to try it...