Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I ♥ This Bar

IMG_0148.jpgI love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar


IMG_0155.jpg
I ordered this ginormous plate of nachos. Let me just say that this plate is the half size. They also had full size and extra large size that you could order. Jared ordered a half rack of ribs with sweet potato fries. The fries, to my delight, were fantastic! I don't like sweet potatoes, so I wasn't to thrilled when he ordered them. I think we'll have to try growing sweet potatoes next year and I'll have to figure out how to make fries out of them, yes?
_MG_7166.jpgSo after dinner James Wesley was the opening act. He was great and I blogged about him already, so you can go HERE to read about it.
IMG_0168.jpgDuring the intermission the sponsor, KYGO had some t-shirts that were thrown into the crowd. Guess who caught one? Yep, that's my Lutheran Stud. He really is a stud because he towered over all the shrimpy men out there and snagged this Wrangler t-shrt! Oh, yeah!
_MG_7174.jpgOkay, so the real reason I really wanted to go to Toby Keith's Bar was to listen to these guys. Do you know who they are? You might not know them, but if you listen to country music then you've probably hear this song called Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?  Now do you know who I'm talking about?
_MG_7186.jpgIsn't she just adorable? That's Shawna. She was so cute and sweet the whole night. I want her dress, although I don't think I'd be going anywhere that I could were a cool dress like that.
_MG_7197.jpgDon't they just look like they were having fun? They've been married for 12 years and you can see that they're still smitten with each other.
_MG_7200.jpgWho wouldn't have fun with them? I think I want to be a groupie and follow them around the country. Oh, wait. That probably won't work out so well. They also talked about the first concerts that went to. Shawna's first concert was to see New Kids On the Block. Yes! Keifer, her husband said, "I can't believe you just admitted that in public." Keifer's first concert, I think, was worse. He saw, "Ice, ice baby." Does that ring a bell? Vanilla Ice. What? Yeah.
_MG_7233.jpgNow this guy is one of the guitarists. Remember him. That's all. 
_MG_7224.jpgKeifer sang a couple solos, sort of. The young girls went crazy. It was pretty funny, since he's married and all.
_MG_7239.jpgIf you've "Liked" them on Facebook then you'll know that whenever they have a concert they always take a photo of the crowd. Jared and I actually found ourselves in their photo. I only figured us out because I was taking a photo of him taking a photo of us. It was awesome.
IMG_0166.jpgAfter the concert some the band members and James Wesley hung out in the bar. Remember that guy?  He was that guy on the guitar. Oh? Did I mention that this bar has an electric bull that you can ride? It was pretty comical to watch. You'll have to check this place out if you're in the Denver area. It's a blast. They drink beer from Mason jars, sing, and dance all in one place! You can check out the rest of the photos from that night HERE

Lauren, this is for you! Enjoy! Okay, the music was a little loud, but you get the picture. :)

3 comments:

Jon said...

Jan, ribs and sweet potato fries and C&W all in one spot. I'd be there once a month. I think Jared ought to hold his Elders meetings there. Great place and looks like a ton of fun. Glad you got out to enjoy it.

Adriane said...

You are officially my new hero. You're Lutheran, happily married, have adorable children, wear heels, like photography, love country music, enjoy Toby Keith (not all people do, you know), and like a good country bar. Jan, I want to be you when I grow up. Well, you with Shawn's hair. But mostly you.

Colleen Oakes said...

This looks like SO much fun. Now I want to take Ryan there!