Thursday, December 16, 2010

Denver Lights

Denver
Earlier this week I was downtown for a class at the convention center.  By the end of the class as we walked outside it was already dark. 
Denver2
The one thing I can't stand about winter and daylight savings time is that it is dark by 5pm. :(
Denver4
However, also during this time of year the city gets beautifully decorated.
Denver6
The lights all over the city are a delightful sight to behold, so then I don't mind that it has gotten dark so early in the evening.
Denver7
Walking around the city with the mild temperatures and seeing all the stunning lights has left me in awe of this city. It just feels so magical and makes me want to walk the streets every night.



4 comments:

Ewe said...

When my parents were first married they lived near NYC. They didn't have money to buy an expensive real tree in the city. So they cut a big branch off a tree and spray painted it silver and decorated it with lights and a few decorations. Every few years they do that again for tradition. It is beautiful and just like the outside lights, but inside. Plus no needles to deal with but you have a real tree!

Unknown said...

That is a really great decorating idea Rachel. I might just do that around here around the house. How cool!

Linsey said...

Your pictures of the lights look beautiful! What lens did you use?

Unknown said...

Thank you Linsey. I used a Tamron 28-75mm lens. Hope that helps.