Saturday, September 4, 2010

Green Chile Dip

GreenChile1  It’s that time of year to pick up your freshly roasted green chile if you live in Colorado, or even New Mexico.  I never really knew much about green chile until we moved to Colorado.  Being from Seattle, it’s all about Asian food and living in the midwest it’s all about beef, corn, or American comfort foods, I guess you could say.  When we moved to Colorado we found that it is heavily Hispanic here and green chile is HUGE!  And I have to say I love it.  I love the flavor.  It’s different from an Asian spice.  Around these parts you can drive around and see stands on the side of the road that sell green chile that is roasted before your very eyes.  It similar to Seattle and coffee stands on the side of the road every few blocks!GreenChile2

So the other day I just picked up 1/2 a bushel of freshly roasted green chile.  Thanks to my good friend, Keri, I have figured out what chiles to buy, because there are a bigillion different kinds, and how to freeze them.  I arrived home with this big box of green chile and didn’t know what to do with them, so I started looking for recipes.  I came across this super easy dip, had all the ingredients on hand, so I made it.  Now I’m addicted to it and can’t stop eating.  That’s why I figured I should share it with you all.  

Green Chile Dip

  • 2 pkgs 8oz cream cheese
  • 1 pound of roasted green chile
  • minced garlic to taste

Blend everything together in a food processor or blender.  Serve with tortilla chips.

GreenChile Now off you go to try this dip and then come back and tell me how it went!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's neat you're from Seattle! My husband & I went to Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. I really do miss all the yummy teriyaki joints & 24 coffee huts everywhere!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, we'll have to try that, it looks great.

Unknown said...

Yes! Born and raised. :) I miss those teriyaki joints too. They are so good and cheap.