Monday, April 26, 2010

Jared’s Birthday Cake

CakeIt was nearing Jared’s birthday, so I asked him if he wanted cake or cupcakes.  He looked at me like I was crazy and said, “Well, cake, of course.”  I’m not very creative when it comes to baking, but I saw a recipe for marshmallow fondant somewhere in our cyber world and it made me want to try it.  So, Adriane, here is the cake you’ve been waiting for.  Details on this will come another day. Cake1Rebecca and Rachel actually did the decorating.  I know, it’s a little girly, but like I said, I’m not very creative with this kind of stuff.  We decided to make it purple and black because Jared and I went to the Rockies game on his birthday.  The Rockies team colors are purple and black in case  you didn’t know that. Cake2 Jared turned 32 on Saturday, but we ended up celebrating his birthday Sunday after church.  Then I forgot to get the proper candles, so Rebecca said the 3 and two other candles should work.  She’s so smart. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

marshmallow fondant? I want to try!

Ewe said...

Dh birthday is tomorrow and I had the same idea to use #3 and 5 candles. Except my #3 has a Pooh on it, oh well!

DeAnn Hein said...

Me too! That sounds yummy!

Adriane said...

Awesome! I approve!