Thursday, August 27, 2009

Zucchini Harvest

Zucc1This is our overflow garden.  We ran out of room in our backyard, so I planted a few things in the front of our house.  Amazingly enough it has taken off.   In fact, our first zucchini came from the front yard a few weeks ago.   It might also be our last.  I don’t see anymore growing, but there are some yellow squash and cucumbers.

Zucc2

Zucc

This has definitely been a learning year in the garden for us.  We still have some beans in the back and a ton of tomatoes.  I hope they turn out.  A few of the tomato plants have grown over 6 feet tall.  Our tomato cages were hand made by Jared and they are 5 feet tall.  It’s crazy to see that we started from this and now things have grown almost out of control!  I still can’t believe that some of our tomato plants are higher than the cages.  I never thought that would happen.  Now if they would just turn red!

Garden

No comments: