Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lemon Bars

LemonBars1Looks good, doesn’t it? Let me tell you when I made these for some company we had over I thought they were fantastic!lemonbars3These bars had the perfect combination of tanginess to sweetness. Are you getting hungry yet?Lemonbars2I’ve been told that these cute little lemon bars would go great with coffee. Now you want the recipe don’t you? I know you’re curious. Okay, I’ll share it.LemonBars

Lemon Bars
Crust:
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for dusting)
Topping:
1 1/2 cup plain sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan
To make crust:

  • In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner's sugar
  • Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.
  • Press mixture into bottom of pan.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
To make topping:
  • While crust is baking, prepare topping.
  • In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
  • Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
  • Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  • When cool, dust with confectioner's sugar and refrigerate.
  • Cut into bars and enjoy them cold!

lemonbars4

Thank you for sharing such a tasty recipe,Bakerella! Her photos are better than mine. They’ll really make your mouth water. Don’t forget to leave me a comment after you make these and let me know how they turn out for you!

No comments: