Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Easy Cheesy Pot Pie

Tonight for dinner I decided to make turkey pot pies. (I made turkey because that is what I had in the freezer. I usually use chicken.)

For the yummy cheesy sauce I begin by sauteing about 4 cloves of garlic in olive oil. Then add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Bring this to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Then add about 2 cups of your favorite cheese. (2 cups is approximate. I just dump a ton into the pot, probably more than 2 cups, because I love cheese!)
Next, cook a bag of frozen peas and carrots. Or you can just use any vegetables you can find.

Using cooked turkey, or any meat, (chicken is good too), cut up, put it in the bottom of a ramekin. Pour that yummy sauce over the top and layer your veggies on top.

Next lay your flattened roll on the top. I like to use Pilsbury Crescent rolls. Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes.


There you have it. Fresh out of the oven. The cheese is still bubbly. Mmmm....

The kids love this dish, since they get their very own ramekin. Eat and enjoy!

No comments: