Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hiking Views

_MG_1088.jpgThe weather on our hike could not have been more beautiful. 
_MG_1102.jpg
Aspen trees were everywhere.


_MG_1105.jpgFlowers are always hit and miss in higher elevation.
_MG_1119.jpg


_MG_1106.jpg



_MG_1125.jpgThese bees were busy and didn't have to time to pose for a photo.
_MG_1129.jpg


_MG_1138.jpgLast summer there was a fire in Rocky Mountain National Park. It makes me wonder if these trees were in the fire.
_MG_1141.jpg


_MG_1142.jpg


_MG_1169.jpgCan you spot the snake out there?
_MG_1173.jpgThis huge tree was completely uprooted and still in one piece.
_MG_1154.jpgYou don't realize how big that tree really was until you stick two little boys right next to the roots. More views to come. Sorry if you're tired of them. You'll just have to skip over those posts.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Jan, will you start coming with me on all our Smoky Mountain hikes so when I'm old and frail I'll actually have some good documentation? Okay? Okay.

Seriously, your pictures are gorgeous. I know I say that all the time, but I'm constantly in awe.