Monday, October 3, 2011

Right On Target

_MG_0881.jpgI used to love shopping when I was young and single without children. It seemed like I had all the money in the world to spend. Well things are different now and it's not a bad thing. If only I knew then what I know now. I've become a bit of a tight wad these days. Having a large family one needs to budget well, and knowing that, most likely, I will have all 6 children with me while I shop I plan very carefully. Since we've started using an envelope system we've really been able to watch our spending. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for coupons. Coupons get me everytime. Gretchen wrote about Target moms and when she did it got me thinking. I'm a Target mom. I shop sale ads. When I see ads like this I check my coupon stash for sale items and load up on things that we need anyway, although diapers may be coming to an end rather quickly. (The babies only wear diapers at night now.) When products come with a gift card I usually save them up.
Target-2.jpgWhile at Target I quickly comb through the clearance racks. I won't buy anything that's not on clearance. The shoes and dress were each $6.48. I had so many gift cards saved up that I ended up paying just pennies for them. I actually ended up getting a few more tops and paid just $ .48 for everything. The scarf was made with old t-shirts. You can find that tutorial here. That's what I wore to church Sunday.
Target1-2.jpgI have to say this dress is quite versatile and comfortable. After church I did some work in the garden. These boots were truly a godsend because the garden had just been watered and everything was muddy. If I had kept my sandals on they would have been a disaster. Now I'm reading to get my boot scootin' boogie on as well! Target just seems to have it all.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You are so stinkin' adorable I can hardly stand it. And I'm right there with you on the not buying things at full retail price. LOVE the boots!!

Gretchen said...

Yes, but...see? See? You are so cute in that dress. And you accessorize. Most Target Moms (myself included) don't.

Even your bag is cute! How do you stay so put-together with all the kids? Within seconds of getting dressed, I've usually got some kind of goop on me. Yogurt, applesauce, boogers...you name it. And my diaper bag is not cute. It's not pristine. And it doesn't match my cowboy boots.

Kellee said...

Yes Jan, quit being a show off. Bring back the meanest mom ever. I miss her :) I love the outfit and I may be coveting your boots. They look great on!

Adriane said...

Oh my gosh. Too frickin' adorable.