Friday, August 5, 2011

It Won't Be Long

_MG_9067.jpgI love this time of the summer. This is the time I start getting exciting to begin canning again. I'm always on the hunt for new and fun recipes to try with our garden goodies. These books will keep me out of trouble for awhile. I'll let you know what fun recipes I find. I'd love to find a delicious spice dill pickle recipe. If you have one please share it with me. If I don't find one, I think I'll have to come up with one on my own.
_MG_9069.jpgJust when I thought we didn't have any beans growing my kids started bringing them to me. They were picking and eating them all along, right from the garden. It looks like we have beans after all. At the house we have just a small crop, but at church it looks like I may be doing some canning in the next week or so. I can't wait. I feel like we're way behind all of you in the midwest. Perhaps it's your heat and humidity or maybe it's our late start this year. At any rate, it won't be long now!

1 comment:

Laura Melius said...

L&T just helped me can some pints of peaches this afternoon! My green beans are just blossoming, but I didn't plant until June 13 or so. Better a late harvest than never!