Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Brazilian Steakhouse

Fabulous dinner tonight.A few weeks ago I came across a Denver Daily Deal that I couldn't pass up. (Denver Daily Deals are like Groupons if you know what those are.) I had heard many great things about this restaurant from some people at church, so when I saw this deal I snatched it up and I was off to the Rodizio Grill with my Lutheran Stud.
we_areWarning: This restaurant is more geared toward carnivorous folks, though the salad bar was pretty good. We arrived to a quaint restaurant, in LoDo (Lower Downtown), that was laid out beautifully. The lighting in the restaurant made the ambiance perfect for a relaxing evening. Then these men would show up to our table, yes those men pictured above, with swords. On those swords were perfectly prepared meat. I'm not joking either. I've never tasted so many different meats that were so wonderfully prepared. I just couldn't stop eating. It got to the point where I had to turn the food away and it made me really sad. It all looked so good. We had everything from steak tenderloin to bacon wrapped turkey to chicken hearts. There was also spicy chicken, pot roast, and honey glazed ham with grilled pineapple. Oh, there was some sort of tilapia too, but since seafood isn't really my thing I didn't try it. My husband, on the other hand, said it was just incredible. I think we probably tried 20 or more different meats and they were all amazing. They also had this amazing salad bar chock full of all sorts salad items. This was not just a regular salad bar from Pizza Hut or something like that. There were things I couldn't pronounce, but I tried them anyway.

If you're in the Denver area and you're looking for a marvelous place for dinner this would be the place. It's an all-you-can-eat buffet, but not the typical buffet that you're used to. It's far better. The food is served to you, except from the salad bar, by these macho men. The meats are grilled Brazilian style with fancy Brazilian names. They have a decent wine selection, but obviously you're there for the food. You won't be disappointed. I think I'm still full from that dinner.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

You had me at carnivorous. One more reason I would love to live in Denver. Jealous, very jealous.