Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cruise

CruiseAfter our visit to the Aquarium we hopped on over to Pier 55 and jumped onto an Argosy Cruise. Cruise10 It was a quick little tour of the Seattle area by sea.  Cruise1 I highly recommend taking a little cruise, unless you get sea sick.  Then it’s probably not for you.Cruise2 The Seattle views are just beautiful.Cruise3  This is the famous Edgewater Inn.  I’ve never stayed here, but I’ve heard it’s pretty neat.  Apparently, there is a photo, in Time Magazine, of the Beatles, who once stayed here, fishing out of their window.  Pretty cool, huh?  It was built for the World Fair way back when only it was finished in time.Cruise5 That little round globe is the Seattle Post Intelligencer.  Seattle’s first newspaper, which is now obsolete.  It does however, still appear online, I think.Cruise6This is the famous Space Needle.  Also a must see for a tourist. Cruise7 Navy ship?  I don’t know, but it’s huge and cool.Cruise8 This is Mount Rainier.  I have to be honest when I say it’s just gorgeous.  Although we live near and can see the Rockies Mountains from our house the view just isn’t the same as seeing Mount Rainier.  Perhaps it is because it’s just one mountain?  Don’t know about that one.Cruise9

Ferry boats.  I love ferry boats.  If you don’t take an Argosy Cruise you could ride a ferry boat.  It’s just as fun!  There you have it.  A small little look into Seattle.  Makes you want to visit doesn’t it?  It makes me want to go back again.

No comments: