Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It was a Record Breaking…

day yesterday.  The temperature was 82 degrees give or take a few degrees.  Sunny1Jared was able to finish the trellis.

Sunny9Buds are starting to grow on our clematis.  I’m hoping that it takes off this year and blooms all summer long.  I know nothing about this plant.  I just know that it has become one of my favorites.  And it’s my favorite color.  :) Sunny3   It was hot yesterday, so we had no choice but to pull out the sprinkler.Sunny5David is still not too sure if he likes getting sprinkled.  We had to keep it low when he was around. Sunny6You’re really just looking at our lawn aren’t you?  I know.  It’s green.  The rest of our street still has brown lawns.  We’re cool and they’re not. Sunny7My pasty, white children might get a sunburn.  I’m such a cool mom that I didn’t put sunscreen on any of them.  I think they needed to get their Vitamin D fill for the winter. Sunny8

The weather forecast says we’re supposed to get another storm at the end of the week.  It may or may not have snow mixed with rain in it.  We’ll see what happens.

4 comments:

Dan & Brenda said...

you have the craziest weather of anyone I know. A foot of snow one week and then sprinklers??? Do you miss our steady 50 degrees and overcast for 6 months? Sun is peaking out today, but should rain again soon. (our grass is green, too!)

B~

Adriane said...

I'm sorry. Didn't you just post photos of a SNOW STORM?!

Linda said...

Jan, don't trim your clematis back. The plant needs the old growth so that it can bloom in full the next year. Thought you might like to know.

Linda

Unknown said...

Linda, the last couple years the clematis has been so big and bushy, but then only had blooms for about a month. A lady at our church told has to trim it all the way down in the fall. That's what she does with hers every year, so that's what we did. As of right now the thing is starting to go crazy again. Do you have one? Does it have blooms all summer long?