Friday, August 7, 2009

I Heart Faces

smallbutton Every Friday is Fix it Friday at I Heart Faces.  A photo is posted and everyone who wishes to participate can edit and play with the photo.  There some really great edits.  I have never participated before, but I thought that I would give it a try this week.

 

Original:

3797359902_259ac041a9_b I actually really like this photo the way it is.  The only thing I think I would do is sharpen it a little.

 

My edit:

FridayFixIt

To have a little fun this is what I did:

This was all done in Photoshop CS3.

  • Crop
  • Then I used Pioneer Woman’s Vintage Action.  She has some fun and free actions for Photoshop.  Check it out.  I lowered the opacity to 50%.
  • Lastly I sharpened and resized the photo for the web.

5 comments:

Mariana said...

very nice! :)

Lydee said...

cool, and different from many others also!

Unknown said...

Hi Jan! I am so glad you joined for the first time! It is lots of fun to meet new people and see their take on a picture! I like your edit. I love your blog header. Very, very sweet. And congratulations on your baby. I love those little tickers. That is very exciting. I visited Colorado once for my cousins wedding. What a beautiful state you live in!

Kellee said...

I think you are speaking a foreign language! But keep up the good work, all your pics are great as far as I am concerned.

Frogmum said...

I love the grainy effect - toyed with that myself, but didn't try it - looks great :)