Saturday, June 13, 2009

PALS

This past Sunday we hosted a PALS barbeque for our past group. If you’re not a new Lutheran pastor you may not know what PALS is, but that’s okay. I came home from church and it started hailing.
pals
Then as I was trying to figure out how we were were going to grill outside while it was hailing, I found out that these funnel clouds were swirling around our area. (That’s not my photo.)
t1 It all worked out in the end. By the time everyone arrived the skies had cleared and the sun had come out. That’s the way the weather works around here in Colorado. Every 15 minutes could be something new and different. We grilled kabobs outside and the kids were able to play out there too. Per request of some dear friends I am not posting any photos of our PALS friends. You can see some of the food though. I’ll even share some recipes.
Pals1
By request here is my salsa recipe. It’s all approximate, so good luck.
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 of a bunch of cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all together and voila! Sometimes I like to add a little lime juice too. It gives it a little kick. Add some chips and become addicted.
pals2
Here are some tomato and mozzarella skewers. These were amazing and so easy to make. I got the recipe from The Kitchn. It’s basically a caprese salad on a stick. All you do is skewer little grape tomatoes and mozzarella together. Then blend some basil and olive oil until it has a creamy consistency, and drizzle over the top of the skewers. It literally takes no time to make and they taste great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - were the kids excited about the hail? That salsa looks delicious! I want to try it!

Robin said...

Yummy!! I'm going to have to try the skewers...

We need to get together! I'm on summer break for the next three weeks (going to Seattle June 19-30 but otherwise around). Zoo trip??