Friday, November 21, 2008

Butterfly Pavilion

I am a little behind in my posting, but I guess if I didn't tell you, you would never know. Last week I took the older kids to the Butterfly Pavilion with our home school group. It was great fun! They held a short class for the children where they learned about life cycles and metamorphosis. The teacher even read the Hungary Caterpillar for the purpose of teaching that the book is wrong.




It's not just butterflies at the Butterfly Pavilion. Here is Rosie the Tarantula. I think she is a favorite here at the pavilion.



Every time we visit we see several new species of butterflies. It is so fun to see them flying around and to see all the different colors.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm sorry I missed this field trip :( Your pictures are so awesome. I have so much to learn from you photography wise. Will you still be my friend if I move far away?

Tina

Colleen Oakes said...

Jan, you take amazing photos!!! You really have a gift!